CIRCUIT 7 – THE BLUE COAST
A little story…
The blue coast got its name thanks to the color of the sea: an intense azure blue. The landscapes offer a nice contrast between the intense blue of the sea, the green of the scrubland and pines, and the white of the limestone rock.
It stretches on 20 kilometers between Marseille and Martigues (the Provençal Venice). It is a beautiful scenic coastline, wild and preserved from mass tourism. The coast offers a lot of marinas, small fishing ports, heavenly coves with tiny houses. This tour will offer several activities and hobbies, you will make your choice the day of the tour.
- The Carro fish market were fishermen sell directly the fishes of the day
- Provencal markets on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- A choice between several sea-side walks lasting from half an hour, to one hour
- If the weather allows it, swimming and relaxing break in one of the many coves, beaches of calanques, why not at lunch time! (Don’t forget the swimsuits! Towels provided).
- Visit of the remains of the ancient stone quarries that served for the foundation of the Greek city of Massilia (former Marseille) in -600 BC.
To see also :
- Fernandel’s house in Carry le Rouet
- Filming location of the TV series Camping Paradis